Thank you for using this form to submit information for Ballotpedia's readers about your candidacy. Many of the questions are optional. Basic required information is noted with an asterisk. If a question is not marked with an asterisk, it is entirely optional. We recommend choosing at least 4-7 optional questions to answer. The questionnaire takes between 45 and 60 minutes to answer the required questions and 4-7 optional questions. The form is set up so that you can save it at any point in your work and resume later. Your responses will be added to your profile.
- Please view our FAQ for any questions
- View our policy on edit and removal requests here
- Find information on locating your state campaign finance ID here
- Review our disclaimer for important information about the survey
Thank you for your interest in completing Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection questionnaire! Please note the following conditions of this service.
Candidates can use the questionnaire to submit content to Ballotpedia. The questionnaire must be submitted by the actual candidate or a qualified campaign representative. We must verify that the person submitting the questionnaire is the actual candidate or qualified campaign representative. We verify candidate identities with the Truepic Vision mobile app, with which we have partnered. You can read more about that here.
When using the mobile app, candidates are requested to upload a picture of their photo ID. We accept driver’s licenses, passports, military IDs, student IDs, employee IDs, or tribal IDs. In order to ensure we can access the information if needed, the ID will remain stored on a secure server for six months after the November general election in a given cycle. After that time, the ID will be deleted from the server.
Candidates are not required to verify their survey, but Ballotpedia will not upload responses for which we do not receive sufficient identity verification. If a candidate who submitted a questionnaire for one election cycle submits a new survey for the next election, the candidate will be required to resubmit identification, to which these conditions apply.
Ballotpedia will use information submitted in the survey in other sections of the candidate profile. Ballotpedia reserves the right to edit candidate survey responses and retains discretion over which information to use for other sections of Ballotpedia pages and to store in Ballotpedia's internal database. Ballotpedia also reserves the right to license access to all or a portion of this database. Any edits to the survey made by Ballotpedia will be clearly marked as such to the public. If the candidate disagrees with an edit, he or she may request the full removal of the survey response from Ballotpedia.org.
Are you a reader wondering how you can contribute to the accessibility of political information? We are always in need of candidate photos! If you find an article in need of a photo, you do us a great service by emailing us a photo that we can use.
- Photos must be of the correct candidate
- Photos must be a headshot showing only one person
- The candidate's face must be clearly visible and unobstructed
- The candidate must be fully clothed
- Photo must not contain any words or symbols that distract from the candidate
- Photo must be in color
- Photo must be recent (ideally less than two years old)
- Must be an actual photo without any filters or edits (other than cropping or resizing)
- File name must correspond to the name of the person
- File format must be a .png, .jpeg, or .jpg
- Photo must be 2MB or less
- Ballotpedia retains editorial discretion over which photos are uploaded
Connect with us!